Make a good impression on us
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. This is especially true for your application – in other words, this is your opportunity to give us a clear, concise picture of your skills, interests, and character. It is easy when you follow a few straightforward rules of thumb:
1. Make sure your application file is complete. A proper application always includes:
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- all the certificates relevant to your profession
2. In your cover letter, tell us a little about yourself and why you are applying:
- What job are you applying for?
- Why does this particular job interest you?
- What expectations do you have of the new job?
- What makes you the right person for this position?
3. Your up-to-date résumé should:
- be written as a list (no paragraphs, please!) and
- list your most recent position first.
4. Adhere to accepted standards:
- Check every single character you type for formatting and spelling mistakes.
- Clearly structure your application and make sure it’s easy to read.
- Adhere to today’s “rules” of written correspondence (like paragraphs, line spacing, and font size).
- For online and email applications, only attach files that everyday computers can handle and open. Before sending your application, convert your Word documents into one PDF file no larger than 4 MB. This guarantees that your application will make it through our system.
5. Put yourself in a good light:
- List related hobbies and personal interests in your résumé.
- Write your cover letter in a way that makes us want to learn more about you.
- Tell us what makes your professional contribution different.
- Provide us with some points or issues we can explore more fully in an interview.
So you have thought of everything? We are looking forward to your application.