Enjoy your first taste of the working world during an internship, launch your career as a “working student”, or enrich your final dissertationby drawing on concrete practical experience. It’s up to you. And there are even more options for students wishing to learn more about our Group. For example, you can apply for one of our student support programs, you can work on a project at one of our partner universities, or you can get in touch with one of our contact people.
If you’re interested in doing doctoral studies after you’ve gained your initial degree, we’d love to talk to you about how your dissertation can shape the future of technology!
Gain your first insights
An internship at thyssenkrupp gives you the chance to test out in the real world what you have already learned and to apply it in new contexts. You’ll be with our experts as they go about their daily work, you’ll contribute your knowledge, skills, and personal qualities, and you’ll make interesting contacts.
What do we expect from you? You should have good high-school diploma and university grades, demonstrate exceptional commitment, and enjoy solving problems and completing tasks. For specific professional requirements and the internship terms and conditions, please see the relevant internship advertisement or ask your contact person directly.
Take a quick look at our online internship board.
Motivated interns are always welcome here. That's why you’ll find a wide range of internship offers on our er online internship board.
If you have a specific internship in mind but can’t find it on our internship board, please send us an unsolicited application. Our contact people within the Group's companies will be pleased to tell you about the various options available.
The following information will help you ensure that your application is successful.
You should meet the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a relevant degree course at a university or technical university
- You should be a team player who demonstrates commitment and interest in your field of study
- You must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in this industry
- You must be fully available for between two and six months
Your application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining why you’re applying to us and when you wish to do your internship. The letter should be no longer than one page. If your application is unsolicited, please specify what field you’re interested in.
- A chronological résumé (no longer than two pages) listing your most important milestones to date. These should include school, apprenticeships, studies, major subjects, relevant internships, periods spent abroad, special skills and knowledge, foreign language skills, etc.
- Copies of certificates (e.g. high-school diploma, any university certificates you may already have)
- If applicable, documents relating to internships you have already completed
- If applicable, awards, scholarships, etc.
- Proof of other knowledge and skills you have gained by completing training and language courses, etc.
Please also note the following points:
Using our online form, e-mail, or regular mail, send us your application at least three months before you wish to begin your internship. Our contact people in the relevant Group companies will be happy to help you with any queries you may have. They can advise you on completing internships abroad and will provide you with all the information you need. You can find a list of contact people in our online database.
If you’re writing a dissertation for a BA, MA, or German diploma degree, you can benefit from comprehensive assistance at thyssenkrupp – especially with regard to technology, research, and development. At the same time, you yourself will make an active contribution to the Group.
If you’ve already come up with a topic, talk to us or apply directly to the locations or companies you’re interested in, providing details on your suggested topic and the structure of your dissertation. Our contact people would be delighted to listen to your suggestions and let you know about the various forms of support available to you.
Student support programs
Clear objectives, a high degree of motivation and commitment, and outstanding grades: If you fulfill these criteria and study subjects within the broad fields of engineering or business (e.g. electrical engineering, economics, or information science), you can count on our full support. We’ve developed a range of measures designed to help promising students lay a strong foundation for future success. The following gives you a brief overview of these measures.